Location: Beaverton, Oregon
The Oregon National Primate Research Center (ONPRC) is located 12 miles west of the OHSU main campus, and sits on 162 acres of land featuring forested areas, research and administration buildings, indoor and outdoor animal housing, a pond, and 2-mile perimeter walking path. Our mission is to improve human health and the quality of life through the support of nonhuman primate research programs that advance our knowledge of the causes, preventions, treatments, and cures of debilitating diseases.
Function/Duties of Position
The purpose of this position is to contribute to and participate in ongoing research activities that include, but are not limited to, the following: daily checks of animal health and physical condition, monitoring daily hormone values, conducting experiments according to standard laboratory protocols and procedures, overseeing the administration of medications and treatments, coordinating animal experiments with ONPRC veterinary staff, assisting with animal/surgical procedures, performing molecular studies involving gene editing and/or reproductive biology, maintaining detailed experimental records, data management and analysis, and working with students/trainees on experimental protocols. This position requires participating in general/routine laboratory duties such as cleaning glassware, autoclaving, incubator/CO2 cylinder monitoring, and the ability to recognize what is needed to perform experiments and overall preparedness to aid in maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
- Bachelor's in relevant field, OR Associate's AND 3 years of relevant experience OR, 4 years of relevant experience, OR Equivalent combination of training and experience
- Coursework and laboratory instruction in relevant areas, including molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, bioinformatics, general chemistry, and statistics
- Must be able to efficiently plan, prioritize and execute various research strategies and protocols
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a research team
- Ability to interact in a positive and productive manner
- Must possess manual dexterity and fine motor skills to perform research techniques
- Ability to communicate effectively in written, email, and oral formats
- Competency in data management and analysis of research findings, which includes the development and use of the spreadsheets, graphs and reports
- Organization skills and careful attention to details to satisfactorily perform job duties are also required
- Biology degree with a physiology, molecular, and/or cellular biology emphasis
One year of relevant research experience in molecular/cellular biology, physiology, or endocrinology research preferred
Research projects conducted as part of graduation requirements may be counted toward relevant research experience
Research experience using animal models. Surgical and cell culture experience
Experience in molecular and cellular biology techniques, as well as basic bioinformatic understanding and skills desired and very much preferred
Apply here online. Please be sure to upload a cover letter, CV/resume and references.
All are welcome
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com. As an organization devoted to the health and well-being of people in Oregon and beyond, OHSU requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.