Location: Bronx, New York
Type: Full Time
This position serves as the Administrator/Program Coordinator for the Chairperson of the Systems & Computational Biology. Candidate will serve as the liaison, communicating to persons of all levels and backgrounds, including potential donors for the Chair. This role will also coordinate with the Department Administrator in all aspects of the administrative needs for the department.Provide professional and administrative support to the Chairperson and ensure full office management, appropriate scheduling, oversees and completes all tasks to ensure the office is effectively represented and is meeting the demands of the Einstein community.
- Manage and maintain all aspects of calendar for which includes travel arrangements, scheduling of appointments and meetings and preparation of all associated paperwork;
- Attend meetings and record minutes as needed;
- Oversee departmental symposia and recruitment seminars: manage logistics for invited speakers, reserve meeting space and order food;
- Prepare and organize an annual departmental retreat;
- Organize an annual international program to support multi-project research which will include multiple events, symposia and committees annually
- Coordinate the re-design, update and maintenance of the departmental website
- Manage and oversee coordination of all meetings, inclusive of applicant interviews, speaking engagements, research collaborations, etc. to include the scheduling and arranging for meeting locations through processing of purchase orders and reimbursements ensuring that all details are executed as planned;
- Develop and maintain a digital archiving system for the Chairperson ensuring timely filing and retrieval of materials as needed; maintain Chairperson's Curriculum Vitae (CV) and other supporting documents and ensure requests for such documents are responded to in a timely manner and meet internal and external sponsor compliance guidelines.
- Serve as direct liaison. Responsible for answering phones, greet callers and visitors and relay information as needed. Assess urgency of mail and prepare correspondence. Use independent judgment and reasonable discretion when responding to inquiries;
- Coordinate and assist Department Administrator with the Chair's program recruitment efforts for faculty, post-doctoral trainees, students, research technicians and other staff from recruitment through appointment;
- Assist the Chair with all aspects of his teaching responsibilities, including but not limited to, preparation of course material, locating journal reading material, providing printed material, collecting exams, posting flyers, and entering grades
- Coordinate annual faculty reviews for Chairperson by collecting and compiling data for reports, creating performance review mechanism to track performance of scholarly/teaching activities
- Assist Department Administrator in the grant preparation process by completing and uploading pertinent, financial and other grant application components and attachments; Edit and perform data collection as needed.
- Assist with bi-monthly work-in-progress meetings and make lunch arrangements for bi-monthly work-in-progress, faculty and ad hoc meetings, as needed;
- Assist and coordinate monthly faculty Brown-Bag-Lunch
- Gather and store information related to publications, biosketches, training records, etc.
- Maintain and oversee departmental digital databases which assist Chairperson and DA with various departmental functions.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and serve as a back-up to Department's Administrative Assistant;
Albert Einstein College of Medicine offers flexible work schedules and a hybrid remote work arrangements for our professional and administrative staff with supervisory approval. The incumbent for this position is eligible for consideration and applicants should inquire.
Bachelor's Degree required3-5 years of experience as an administrator or related role is required
MBA or Master's Degree in Science is highly preferred
Science/medical school background preferred to assist with grant editing
Skills and Competencies
- Must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and be able to support a department of diverse people and programs;
- Must have ability to interact with staff, faculty and researchers (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient; a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role;
- Must possess an outstanding level of written and verbal communication skills, strong follow-up skills, analytical skills and attention to detail are equally important;
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive and committee meetings;
- Experience assisting with the creation of PowerPoint presentations for meetings and departmental retreat;
- Must be proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and possess the ability to quickly learn new systems;
- Knowledge of CV preparation and APA/MLA style format;
- Prefer experience successfully creating and/or modifying processes and demonstrated creativity and commitment to improving programs and events
- This position must interact with all levels of employees including senior management and be able to make decisions to appropriately manage expectations;
- Require minimal supervision with a high ability to be innovative, take initiative and work independently in all duties as required
Minimum Salary Range
Maximum Salary Range