Location: Los Angeles, California
Internal Number: HRC1061826
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
The Smidt Heart Institute reflects Cedars-Sinai's steadfast dedication to heart disease and research innovation giving patients access to the highest level of care. Year after year, thousands of people trust their hearts to Smidt Heart Institute at Cedars-Sinai. Our cardiologists, cardiac surgeons and niche care teams treat the full spectrum of heart disease and disorders, while our investigators continue to advance the field with groundbreaking, life-saving research. From genetic counseling and targeted drug therapies to a growing array of minimally invasive procedures, Cedars-Sinai continues to stand at the forefront of technology, innovation and discovery improving patient outcomes.
Join our team and use your experience with an organization known nationally for excellence in research!
The Smidt Heart Institute at Cedars-Sinai is looking for a Postdoctoral Researcher to join the laboratory of Dr. Ahmed Ibrahim. The Postdoctoral Researcher will provide support research conducted under the direct of Dr. Ibrahim. Dr. Ibrahim focuses on extracellular vesicles, nano-sized lipid particles secreted by nearly all cells and (as such) present in all biological fluids. Mounting evidence points to these paracrine signals as central mediators of injury, healing, and homeostasis. Dr. Ibrahim is particularly interested in the translational application of this biologic. Additionally he is also interested in describing the role of diverse EV cargo such as small RNAs, lipids, and proteins that affect healing and regeneration in a variety of disease indications.
- Working independently but in close cooperation and in consultation with Dr. Ibrahim, the Postdoctoral Researcher will develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols in Dr. Ibrahim's Research Lab, and analyze and interpret data.
- Participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- Develop grant proposals either independently or by working collaboratively with department directors or other faculties.
- Design and perform experiments and develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques.
- Perform routine and complex laboratory procedures.
- Other duties include participation in research/academic meetings, performing calculations, tabulating data, summarizing methods and results of related experiments, etc.
- Expected to function efficiently and cooperatively with a team of faculty, research associates, technicians and students.
Responsibilities include surgical research laboratory; IACUC documentation for experimental projects, editing scientific papers, ordering supplies and animals, procedure scheduling, pre-surgical preparation (including pre-anesthetic induction, intubation, sterile preparation of animal and instruments), surgical assistance (anesthesia, circulation and scrub nursing), post-operative recovery of animals, daily drug administration and census maintenance. Some minor surgical procedures in rodents. Other responsibilities include training new research fellows and maintaining and servicing laboratory equipment.
PhD or MD from an accredited institution.
Prior experience in research preferred.
Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and other Windows-based software.
Experience in laboratory research and federal grant proposal development and grant submission in area of basic research.
Ability to work independently. Good communication and interpersonal skills
Able to perform moderate lifting. Able to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods of time. Able to read papers and online documents. Able to operate standard office equipment. Able to exercise physical ability and perspective acuity to satisfactorily perform essential job functions Working Title:
Postdoctoral Research Fellow - Smidt Heart Institute ( Dr. Ahmed Ibrahim Lab)Department:
Heart Institute OperationsBusiness Entity:
Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterJob Category:
8 hour shiftShift Type:
$64,500.00 - $93,600.00