Location: Los Angeles, California
Internal Number: HRC0593463
Postdoctoral Fellowship position available at the laboratory of Dr. Eugenio Cingolani. The Cingolani Arrhythmia research lab focuses on mechanisms and therapies of cardiac arrhythmias using different models of disease from cells to small and large animals. The laboratory uses state-of-the-art techniques including two-photon and single photon microscopy, patch-clamp, panoramic voltage optical mapping, calcium imaging, multi-electrode array, and in vivo invasive electrophysiology studies. Cutting edge molecular biology techniques are used such as transgenics, viral and non-viral vector based gene therapies, cell-derived products based therapies.
The laboratory is funded by National Institutes of Health, and eligible applicants may be funded by NIH T32 Training grant. For more information about ongoing research projects : https://www.cedars-sinai.edu/research/labs/cingolani.html or contact Eugenio.Cingolani@csmc.edu
Working independently but in close cooperation and in consultation with the Principal Investigator and other Research Scientist, our Postdoctoral Research Fellow will perform routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period. You may develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols and analyze and interpret data. You may also assist in preparation of grant proposals as well as participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author. Will not responsible for generating grant funds.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- May assist in preparation of grant proposals, but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
- May participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- Designs and performs experiments.
- Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with the Principal Investigator.
- May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols.
- Analyzes, interprets, summarizes and compiles data.
- Performs routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period.
- Doctorate (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in area directly related to field of research specialization is required
- Works independently on research projects designed by a mentor (typically the PI) within area of specialization.
- Acquires thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment.
- Demonstrated aptitude to perform experimental protocols and procedures, including detailed data collection, and analysis and operation and maintenance of specialized equipment.
- Knowledge of safety standards and maintenance of specialized equipment.
- Experience in patch clamp or optical mapping is preferred but not mandatory.
Postdoctoral Scientist - Smidt Heart Institute - Cingolani LabDepartment:
Heart Institute OperationsBusiness Entity:
Academic / ResearchJob Category:
8 hour shiftShift Type:
$64,500.00 - $93,600.00