Liberty University Seeks a Director of the Genetic Counseling Program | Inaugural Role | Develop the Program from the Ground Up | Faith-Based College Near the Majestic Blue Ridge Mountains
Are you passionate about genetic counseling and ready to take on a role that lets you develop a program from the ground up? Liberty University, which wants to change the world by training champions for Christ, seeks a dynamic Program Director for its Master in Genetic Counseling Program. As the Director of the Genetic Counseling Program, you will manage operational, programmatic, and accreditation activities, ensure alignment with ACGC standards, and promote continuous improvement of curriculum and instruction. The successful candidate will also establish and maintain contacts within the Virginia Medical establishment to ensure program success. Candidates must hold a master's degree in genetic counseling and have current ABGC or ABMGG certification.
· Put your mark on the Genetic Counseling Program by building it from the ground up
· Collaborate with faculty to continuously improve the program's curriculum and instruction quality
· Be a pioneer in an inaugural role, contributing to the establishment of a groundbreaking initiative
· Ensure effective management of operational, programmatic, and accreditation activities
· Liberty University has more than 700 programs of study, advanced technology, and a highly talented faculty
· Educate and empower Liberty students to become positive influences in the world while upholding Christ's values
· Join a university recognized as a Best College by US News
Small-City Comforts, Big-City Amenities — Lynchburg, Virginia
When you arrive in beautiful Lynchburg, you'll feel right at home. The authentic Southern hospitality and charm create a sense of belonging for residents and visitors alike. This vibrant, artistic, welcoming community is perfect for students, professionals, and families.
· Cost of living is almost 19% lower than the national average
· Virginia is a Best Place to Practice in 2023 (Medscape)
· Variety of affordable housing options—from refurbed buildings-turned-condos to Victorian mansions on tree-lined streets or horse farms just outside the city
· Upscale dining and live music venues downtown offer the breathtaking backdrops of the James River and Blue Ridge Mountains
· An abundance of outdoor activities, including hiking, biking, kayaking, fishing, camping, and skiing
· Easy access to major metro areas, including Richmond, Charlotte, and Washington, DC
At AMN Healthcare, we strive to be recognized as the most trusted, innovative, and influential force in helping healthcare organizations provide quality patient care that continually evolves to make healthcare more human, more effective, and more achievable.