The University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB), Department of Microbiology, is seeking a highly motivated Researcher II to join our team. The successful candidate is expected to, with minimal supervision within the context of a cohesive team, set up and perform established laboratory procedures to support the goals of the projects in the lab. The candidate must also have the ability to plan experiments and summarize data.
Under minimal supervision:
- To set up and perform routine and established lab procedures in support of lab goals.
- To collect, enter and summarize data.
- To monitor results and report unusual outcomes.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Sets up and performs routine and established lab procedures in support of lab goals. Runs assays, cell/tissue culture, animal studies, etc.
- Collects, enters and summarizes data.
- Monitors results; detects and reports unusual outcomes.
- Assists in the maintenance and trouble-shooting of lab equipment and supplies.
- Performs basic statistical data analysis.
- Performs fundamental statistical data analysis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Salary Range: $15.50 - $23.51 Hourly