Location: Los Angeles, California
Internal Number: HRC1231805
With your help, we can change the future of healthcare!
The Cedars-Sinai Biomanufacturing Center (CBC) is a state-of-the art facility that comprises of a cGMP cell manufacturing facility housing multiple cleanroom cell production suites and process development rooms for producing the next generation of cell and gene therapies. With world class expertise in stem cell (iPSC) biology, bioprocessing, translational, regulatory and manufacturing, Cedars-Sinai is committed to pushing the frontiers of medicine and discovering new technologies and innovations that will impact how we diagnose and treat disease. To learn more about the CBC, please visit Home - CSBIO (csbiomfg.com).
Are you ready to be a part of groundbreaking research?
The Biomedical Assistant works in activities associated with the maintenance of controlled areas in accordance with company procedures and GMP policies. May perform laboratory tests, experiments, and analyses under the supervision of the manager, and/or scientist. As part of the Manufacturing team, the Biomedical Assistant follows standard operating procedures (SOPs), good laboratory practices (GLPs), and ensures all laboratory equipment and work areas are clean, sterile, and in proper working order.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of sterile and non-sterile stock and working solutions.
- Cleans and maintains laboratory area(s), equipment and glassware.
- May support experimentation and production activities as directed.
- Documents information by maintaining daily logs, equipment record books and/or computer database(s). Drafts standard operating procedures.
- Maintains daily lab equipment operations by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventive maintenance and calling for repairs, as needed.
- Responsible for administering laboratory supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders and verifying receipt.
- May be responsible for calibration of instruments.
- Performs general tasks and completes routine assignments.
- Receives assistance in the completion of more complex assignments.
Experience and Skills:
- One (1) year of related experience in a lab or biotech setting is preferred.
- Ability to interpret and apply knowledge of State, Federal, and Agency standards following regulations.
- Ability to provide and/or support a level of work excellence and accuracy; recognize and address flaws or errors that others may overlook.
- Ability to convey and/or receive written/verbal information to/from various audiences in different formats.
- Ability to operate mechanical/medical devices and/or equipment.
- Ability to demonstrate time management and priority-setting skills.
Biomedical Assistant - GMP Biomanufacturing CenterDepartment:
CS Biomanufacturing FacilityBusiness Entity:
Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterJob Category:
8 hour shiftShift Type:
$22.51 - $33.77