Location: Iowa City, Iowa
University of Iowa Stead Family Department of Pediatrics, Division of Hematology/Oncology is seeking a Postdoctoral Scholar who will be designing, performing, and analyzing experiments related to bleeding and clotting disorders and outcomes in animal models. The successful applicant will perform research activities based upon protocols developed by other research staff or principal investigator of the research project and develop new protocols as needed for the project. Collect and track data, perform data entry for reports and maintain records of methods used. Prepare materials for abstracts/reports/grant applications & manuscripts and write drafts of manuscripts and participate in the preparation of manuscripts. The scholar will also be expected to present seminars and posters at regional and national scientific meetings.
Position duties include the following:
- Design and perform research activities based upon protocols developed by the principal investigator or other research staff of the research project.
- Record, plot, analyze and interpret data independently.
- Prepare materials for manuscripts and participate with the principal investigator in the drafting and preparation of manuscripts including the writing of initial drafts of manuscripts and the preparation of figures for publication.
- Analyze literature to develop hypothesis for discussion with other researchers or principal investigator.
- Read and understand protocols.
- Develop new protocols in collaboration with the principal investigator
- Troubleshoot and analyze protocols; propose modifications to other researchers or principal investigator.
- Arrange and plan daily activities to prepare for experimental protocols.
- Use techniques of gene transfer, coagulation, and neuroscience understand outcomes in animal models and cell culture including primary neuron cultures.
- Present data at lab meeting. Prepare abstracts for publications and present seminars and posters at scientific meetings including regional or national meetings.
- Participate in animal experiments, including mouse model of hemophilia and von Willebrand disease with respect to assessing pathogenicity and gene therapy outcomes.
- Analyze data. Track progress/success of research project.
- Develop and monitor quality controls.
- Collect, track, and perform data entry for reports.
- Adhere to safety and compliance guidelines
- Assist in the preparation, calibration, and maintenance of laboratory and facility equipment, including washing glassware, media preparation, and animal inventory.
- Assist with procurement of supplies and materials.
- Train, provide direction, assignments, feedback, coaching and counseling of trainees or other lab members to assure outcomes are achieved.
To apply for this position please visit the University of Iowa website at http://jobs.uiowa.edu