Job Posting for Specialist in Radiation Oncology
An Assistant or Associate Specialist position is available for a highly motivated scientist at the University of California, San Francisco in the laboratory of Dr. Coppe in the Department of Radiation Oncology.
The Specialist will assist in understanding the cellular processes and molecular pathways that underlie carcinogenesis and therapy resistance. We are seeking a highly organized, methodical and reliable individual to interrogate mechanisms of oncogenic stress response, cell survival, and cellular senescence, using functional proteomic and genetic intervention methods, cell culture systems, mouse models, and clinically derived samples. The Specialist will work closely with other lab members, participate in lab meetings, and perform other duties as assigned. They will be expected to conduct data analyses, prepare for presentations at lab meetings, and participate in writing of publications and/or grants.
The specialist will also be encouraged to take advantage of other training and learning opportunities within the UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center and the Department of Radiation Oncology, as well as other related entities at UCSF. We hope this experience will prepare the applicant for future career opportunities.
* MSc or PhD in molecular and cellular biology
* Extensive wet-lab research experience, with an emphasis in proteomic-/genomic-based cell signaling research, and a strong focus on cancer research and/or aging research
* Extensive experience managing and handling mouse models
* Solid experience developing experimental and analytical plans
* Experience using bioinformatics/computer science for data analysis
* Strong problem-solving skills
* Strong communication and writing skills
* Keep detailed records, collect/analyze results, and regularly present data to the team,
* Perform cell and tissue sample preparation for protein-based kinase assay and other molecular profiling methods
* Manage mouse cohorts and treatments, and perform in vivo imaging and tissue collection
* Interact effectively with lab members to ensure continuous progress and project organization
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF04517. Applicants' materials must list current and/or pending qualifications upon submission.
See Table 24B (https://www.ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/_files/2022-23/july-2022-salary-scales/t24-b.pdf) for the salary range for this position. A reasonable estimate for this position is $56,600-$78,500.