Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
Internal Number: R-086588
Franciscan Health Indianapolis Campus
8111 South Emerson Avenue Indianapolis, Indiana 46237
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Franciscan Physician Network is seeking a full-time Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join our team at Franciscan Physician Network Breast & Melanoma Specialists located in Indianapolis, Indiana. FPN Breast & Melanoma Specialists in Indianapolis specializes in providing a number of procedures for breast cancer, including mastectomy, genetic testing, and breast conservation and reconstructive surgery. Our practice currently includes two physicians and one physician assistant and we're adding to the team to meet the growing demand for services in the market.
WHAT WE NEED:
Ideal candidate will have 2+ years of experience in surgery specializing in General Surgery or Breast with focus on clinical excellence and patient satisfaction. Practice will consider new graduates with background in OR - NP working in OR as a nurse, etc. or new PA graduates who took elective rotations in specialty surgery. Candidate will display exceptional interpersonal skills and desire to develop strong ties with the community and existing medical staff. Provider will need to work collaboratively with physician to coordinate and deliver the highest quality of patient care.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Clinic hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Schedule: Time will be split between clinic, inpatient rounding, and surgery
- One and a half days in clinic, remainder of time spent rounding and in surgery
- Call: 1:4 with one week on at a time, call is very limited
- Average outpatient volume: 15 - 18 patients per day
- Average surgical volume: 3 - 7 surgical case per surgical day
- Outreach services include Johnson Memorial to accompany physician
- Management of High-Risk Breast Clinic with existing PA
- Practice located within Franciscan Health Indianapolis's comprehensive Cancer Center
- Strong mentorship available from experienced physicians and advanced practice provider
- Treatments and Services Offered include:
- Office Evaluations
- Consultations for newly diagnosed breast cancer and melanoma patients
- Evaluation of a breast mass, nipple discharge and lymphedema
- Breast cancer risk assessment, including genetic testing and referral for genetic counseling as needed
- Second opinions
- Office Procedures
- Ultrasound-guided breast needle biopsies
- Superficial breast mass excisional biopsies
- Excisional skin biopsies and punch biopsies
- Surgical Procedures
- Breast conservation surgery for breast cancer
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy for breast cancer and melanoma
- Intraoperative US guided breast conservation surgery
- Skin and nipple sparing mastectomy
- WLE and cosmetic closure for melanoma
- Complete lymph node dissection if indicated for melanoma and breast cancer
WHO WE ARE:
Franciscan Health is a non-profit health care ministry with primary and specialty care physician groups located throughout Indiana and Illinois. Franciscan is known for our mission of caring. Our values of Respect for Life; Fidelity to Our Mission; Compassionate Concern; Joyful Service; and Christian Stewardship extend to our employees and patients.
With 14 hospital ministries, Franciscan Health is one of the largest Catholic health care organizations in the Midwest. Franciscan Health includes over 1,000 employed physicians and advanced practice providers. Franciscan providers enjoy a team approach to care. Of our 260+ locations, many are nationally recognized Centers of Health Care Excellence.
WHAT WE OFFER:
At Franciscan Physician Network we strive to create a flexible and realistic work-life balance for our providers. Full- and part-time opportunities are offered with benefits, which could include:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid malpractice
- 27 days of Paid Time Off plus five additional paid days for CME with annual stipend
- Full benefits package, including health, life, dental, vision and legal insurance
- Retirement options, including 403(b), 457(b), 401(a)
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Customized marketing support
For more information, please contact Physician and Provider Services Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (844) 376-3627.
WHERE WE LIVE:
Indianapolis, Indiana's capital city, is in the heart of it all. Whether you are looking for a quiet suburban feel or the hustle and bustle of living in downtown, Indianapolis offers an affordable cost of living with excellent school options. Indianapolis continues to grow with thriving businesses and retailers, a strong corporate base, talented workforce, robust convention/hospitality market, and a quickly-expanding residential community with a superb quality of life. Indianapolis has a large, diverse population with many cultural events and restaurants.
- Master's Degree Required
- Physician Assistant Certified (PA-C) - Required - or
- Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Nationally Recognized Certification - Required
- Basic Life Support Program (BLS) - American Heart Association - Required
Up to 20%
To further Franciscan Alliance's commitment to provide and maintain a safe and healthy workplace and prevent the spread of COVID-19 among our coworkers and their families; our patients, visitors, and vendors, and the community at large all Franciscan workforce members must be vaccinated, unless granted an exemption. We are committed to making the communities we serve healthier.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.