Location: Seattle, Washington
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center is an independent, nonprofit organization providing adult cancer treatment and groundbreaking research focused on cancer and infectious diseases. Based in Seattle, Fred Hutch is the only National Cancer Institute-designated cancer center in Washington.
With a track record of global leadership in bone marrow transplantation, HIV/AIDS prevention, immunotherapy and COVID-19 vaccines, Fred Hutch has earned a reputation as one of the world's leading cancer, infectious disease and biomedical research centers. Fred Hutch operates eight clinical care sites that provide medical oncology, infusion, radiation, proton therapy and related services, and network affiliations with hospitals in five states. Together, our fully integrated research and clinical care teams seek to discover new cures to the world's deadliest diseases and make life beyond cancer a reality.
At Fred Hutch we value collaboration, compassion, determination, excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. These values are grounded in and expressed through the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our mission is directly tied to the humanity, dignity and inherent value of each employee, patient, community member and supporter. Our commitment to learning across our differences and similarities make us stronger. We seek employees who bring different and innovative ways of seeing the world and solving problems. Fred Hutch is in pursuit of becoming an anti-racist organization. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates hired share our commitment to diversity, anti-racism and inclusion.
The Program/Department Coordinator I primarily supports the dynamic clinical genetic counseling team at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center by performing administrative and clinical support for patient and family centered care coordination.
- Create, implement and adjust staffing schedules.
- Manage billing paperwork.
- Generate reports.
- May supervise staff.
- Create correspondence, documents and presentations.
- Provide coverage for team members as appropriate for your level of responsibility.
- Identify and resolve operational problems.
- Plan, implement and oversee community outreach and external communications.
- Organize events.
- May propose/participate/advise in the development of the program/units strategic plan.
- Manage and triage incoming requests.
- Serve as a point of contact for the department and liaison to other departments.
- May review timesheets and approve time as needed.
- High School Degree or equivalent
- Minimum one year experience. Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to take initiative and use sound judgment in carrying out responsibilities.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, complex healthcare environment.
- Customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize concurrent responsibilities and demands.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology may be required for certain roles.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrates initiative as evidenced by advancing technical skills, sharing knowledge with others and taking on more responsibility (re-word to capture spirit of taking initiative an continual learning).
- Basic ability to use the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team as the situation requires.
- Ability to communicate verbally in person, on the phones, and in writing in a clear, concise and professional manner.
- Ability to facilitate and present in meetings.
- Ability to navigate team and organizational dynamics.
- Bachelor's degree in Biological Science, Social Science, or a related scientific field
- Coursework in genetics and any clinical experience
- Basic experience with electronic file sharing
- Experience with Microsoft Office software, including: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication (both verbal and written) skills
This position is patient facing and/or requires access to Fred Hutch clinical facilities. As such, full COVID-19 vaccination is required as a condition of employment, without exception. Booster doses are strongly recommended but not required. If declining a booster, completion of the COVID-19 Vaccination Status Form Questionnaire and COVID-19 Booster Declination Training is required. Because of our immunocompromised patient population, there are no medical or religious accommodations available for any employee who is patient facing and/or requires access to Fred Hutch clinical facilities. Only employees whose positions are fully remote, who are not patient facing and/or require no access to clinical facilities, may apply for medical or religious accommodations. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees must provide proof of vaccination before their first day of employment.
A statement describing your commitment and contributions toward greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in your career or that will be made through your work at Fred Hutch is requested of all finalists.
The hourly pay range for this position is from $27.52 to $39.18 and pay offered will be based on experience and qualifications.
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center offers employees a comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance health, well-being, and financial security. Benefits include medical/vision, dental, flexible spending accounts, life, disability, retirement, family life support, employee assistance program, onsite health clinic, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation (12-22 days per year), paid sick leave (12-25 days per year), paid holidays (13 days per year), paid parental leave (up to 4 weeks), and partially paid sabbatical leave (up to 6 months).
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 206-667-4700.