Location: Boise, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Boise is seeking a part-time Genetic Counselor to join our Maternal Fetal Medicine team.
St. Luke's Health System has an exciting opportunity for a Genetic Counselor to join our Maternal Fetal Medicine team in beautiful Treasure Valley, Idaho!
The Genetic Counselor is responsible for researching, collecting information, and counseling families with genetic or fetal abnormalities. The Genetic Counselor will work with those who may be at risk for inherited disease or an abnormal pregnancy outcome.
This position will work in both our Boise and Nampa clinics (majority of time in Nampa), as well as conduct telehealth appointments with patients from our Magic Valley clinic.
Join our team of two genetic counselors and six physicians in the beautiful Treasure Valley!
Hours are Monday-Friday business hours, three days/week.
Benefits include medical/dental/vision insurance, PTO/ESL, tuition reimbursement, extensive well-being program, and signing/relocation bonus!
- Provides specialty consultation to healthcare staff, including physicians and other primary care providers. Serve as resource to physicians, hospital staff, and parents
- Discusses prognosis and management options; explain disease signs and symptoms, probability of recurrence, prognosis, diagnostic methods and procedures, alternate courses of action and available options
- Coordinates patient care with social services, clergy, healthcare providers and other resources based upon evaluation of individual patient needs
- Compiles complete family history, obtain and review medical records, assess risk of genetic disease and provide grief and crisis counseling to individuals and/or families
- Participates in partnerships, projects and strategic planning involving genetics across the Health System. Serves as resource to physicians, hospital staff, and parents
- Documents care provided in the medical record
- Provides community outreach, education, public policy advocacy and philanthropy for areas that genetics is involved in
- Provides follow-up patient care
- May perform duties to assure compliance with COC requirements
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Master's Degree from an accredited Genetic Counseling Program
- Certified or Board eligible, licensure from the state of practice, or provisional license before hire date
- Prenatal or Maternal Fetal Medicine experience preferred
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
Known as the "City of Trees," Boise is Idaho's capital city--both a cultural center and a playground for those who love the outdoors. A vibrant downtown area affords fine dining, theatre, music, and college and semi-professional sports. Downtown Boise's main attractions include the Idaho State Capitol, the classic Egyptian Theatre, the Boise Art Museum, Julia Davis Park and Zoo Boise. The Greenbelt follows the beautiful Boise River corridor for more than 30 miles, and the Boise foothills are home to miles of hiking and biking trails.
Learn more about what the City of Trees has to offer you:
St. Luke's Health System | Boise Convention and Visitors Bureau | Boise Parks and Recreation | Boise Museum Association | Boise Music Festival | Boise Philharmonic | Downtown Boise Restaurants | Boise Valley Economic Partnership | Hyde Park events | Treefort Music Festival | First Thursdays | Alive After Five | Capitol City Public Market | Runs and Triathlons | Shakespeare Festival | Sawtooth National Forest | Visit Idaho.org
The city of Nampa, in Canyon County, is located on the west end of the beautiful Treasure Valley. Approximately 30 minutes from the capital city of Boise, it features the perfect mixture of rural and urban living and boasts the strongest agricultural economies in the entire state. This being Idaho's largest metropolitan area. Nampa offers a rich environment with endless natural beauty, local history, culture and economic well-being.
Learn more about what Nampa has to offer you:
City of Nampa | Warhawk Air Museum | Deer Flat Wildlife Refuge | Wilson Ponds | Nampa Parks | Concerts at the Ford Idaho Center
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.