Location: Beaverton, Oregon
The Vaccine and Gene Therapy Institute (VGTI) at Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) has assembled a multidisciplinary team of scientists to respond to serious viral disease threats, including AIDS, chronic viral infection-associated diseases, newly emerging viral diseases and infectious diseases of the elderly. Our programs are intended to span the continuum between basic and clinical science, in which discoveries are rapidly advanced from the level of molecular and cellular biology through animal models and ultimately into clinical testing. The development of this unique program in immunology and virology provides an important training opportunity for graduate students and postdoctoral fellows at OHSU. This is why an important part of our mission is the training of young scientists in newer academic disciplines emerging at the Vaccine and Gene Therapy Institute.
Function/Duties of Position
- Experimental tasks associated with processing of human or animal samples, some inoculated with vaccine prototypes &/or pathogenic virus(es). Samples include saliva, blood, lung wash, and biopsy or necropsy materials. Processes include sample sub fractionation, and sample freezing and thawing.
- Experimental tasks associated with flow cytometry, including antibody staining, simple cell culture, antibody tittering, and data acquisition.
- Data analysis, careful recordkeeping, compilation, analysis and reporting of data.
- Additional responsibilities contributing to lab operations, as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree (4 yr) OR
- Associates degree (2 yr) and 3 years of relevant experience OR
- 4 years of experience
- Basic computer skills
- Major college-level courses in biological science
- Immunology background and training; Flow cytometry analysis helpful
- Basic laboratory skills, knowledge of how to handle pathogens
All are welcome
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com.