Location: Portland, Oregon
The primary mission of the Division of Oncological Sciences at OHSU's Knight Cancer Institute is to better understand cancer through basic, translational and population-based research that improves cancer prevention, detection and treatments for all. Our community of faculty, trainees and staff brings together scientists from a broad range of disciplines and works collaboratively to advance innovation and translate discoveries from the lab into meaningful impacts for cancer patients and our community.
An exciting opportunity has been created for an experienced researcher to join the Dr. Anupriya Agarwal Laboratory at the OHSU Knight Cancer Institute as an Research Assistant II in Portland, OR to study the mechanisms of leukemia initiation and drug resistance using multi-omics approaches.
Every Knight Cancer employee is expected to embody our guiding principles:
- We act BOLDLY--Breakthroughs require pushing the boundaries of science, exploring new frontiers, and thinking differently
- We SUPPORT each other--Respect leads to trust, which leads to excellence
- We work as a CONNECTED team -- We must leverage our collective brain power to conquer cancer because no one individual can do it alone
Function/Duties of Position
Dr. Agarwal and her team for over past 15 years focusing on identifying novel signaling pathways that are requisite for leukemia initiation, clonal evolution, and drug resistance. This position will be a hybrid between wet lab and computational disciplines, with a dedicated mentorship in both areas. The new team member will help lead the project focused on understanding the mechanisms of leukemia initiation and drug resistance in a context dependent manner. The project will use variety of advanced molecular biology techniques, CRISPR methods along with single cell transcriptomic, epigenetic, and genomic profiling in premalignant and malignant models using murine and human cells in vitro and in vivo. The candidate should also be able to perform complex data analysis, along with downstream analyses using computational approaches. Applicants will need to possess strong technical and organizational skills as well as the ability to manage an independent project.
Laboratory and/or computational experience in the field of molecular/cellular biology, cancer biology or a related field is preferred. Preferred experience with flow cytometry or animal models of disease would be especially beneficial. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Achieving this position requires that the researcher has demonstrated a satisfactory track record of scholarly activity. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who is capable and willing to make maximum use of excellent facilities and a productive environment.
Duties will include molecular and cellular biology assays, biochemistry assays, mammalian primary cell cultures, in-vivo models using mouse models and patient samples. Maintain mouse colonies, Data collection. Process and maintain patient sample repository. As needed, learn techniques and experimental systems to meet Agarwal laboratory research program goals.
- Bachelor's in relevant field OR Associate's AND 3 years of relevant experience OR 4 years of relevant experience OR Equivalent combination of training and experience
- Proficient with computers specifically MS Office (which includes, Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint) and statistical analysis software
- Knowledge of policy and regulations applicable to the laboratory, including but not limited to safety, animal and radiation
- Technical proficiency, scientific creativity collaborative ability, and independent thinker
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with a high performing work group
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks at one time
- Must have excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills: both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team while being collaborative in resolving problems
- Demonstrated ability to learn new and innovative processed quickly
- Must possess energy and drive to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy to maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to operate complex scientific equipment and develop and troubleshoot complex experimental protocols.
- Prior laboratory experience
- Experience handling chemical and biologically hazardous materials
Apply online. Please be sure to upload a Cover Letter and Resume/CV.
#linkedin #indeed #knightcancerjobs #knightresearchandlabjobs #knightresearchjobs
All are welcome
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com.