Location: West Hollywood, California
Internal Number: HRC1234615
Join us as we translate today's discoveries into tomorrow's medicine!
The Department of Computational Medicine (CBM) is a robust infrastructure established to develop, evaluate, and apply cutting-edge computational and statistical methods and software for the analysis of biomedical and clinical data across the Cedars-Sinai enterprise.
Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research?
Dr. Graciela Gonzalez-Hernandez is a recognized expert and leader in natural language processing (NLP) applied to bioinformatics, medical/clinical informatics, and public-health informatics, with more than 100 publications in this area. The mission of the Gonzalez-Hernandez Lab is to improve healthcare delivery and outcomes, and public health monitoring and surveillance through innovations in automated language processing. The goals of the Gonzalez-Hernandez Lab include developing innovative NLP solutions for health-related language, creating data, resources, and tools for the global research community, and promoting research in health language processing through the organization of workshops and shared tasks, and through interdisciplinary collaborations.
Under general supervision, responsible for application development, supporting business objectives while providing junior-level expertise in software development lifecycle phases from concept and design to testing. Analyses, designs and builds component-based applications, including introduction of an application layer, modeling techniques, component and object-oriented design, complex algorithmic coding, and systematic approaches to application integration. Works on new and existing applications. Performs hands-on coding and assists in architecting solutions. May serve as liaison to internal users, research groups and various business support areas.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist in designing and building component-based applications.
· Under supervision, test and deploy new features and versions of core applications, databases and utilities.
· Debug and maintain deployments of core applications, databases and utilities, escalating for help when necessary.
· Assist with the creation of enhancements to of software applications for review by more senior members of the staff,
· Assist with the creation of component/subsystem documentation. Help to produce design and technical specifications as needed for technical documentation.
· Participate in discussions around translating customer user requirements, recommending system solutions, and helping to formulate detailed specifications from which programs are written.
· Support technology infrastructure.
· Liaison with end users, research groups and other business support areas.
· Participate in design and technical meetings.
· May create drafts of technical documentation for internal business and design teams.
· Assist in collecting, formatting, and querying data to support Machine Learning-based applications.
· Assist in the support of existing applications written in various programming languages and running on various platforms using current and new technology (including Python, Pandas, Sklearn, Keras, Pytorch, Tensorflow, Flask, Java, Weka, MongoDB, MySQL, RedCAP).
A Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences, Mathematics or related discipline required.
1 or more years of experience managing application design, software development, maintenance.
Experience developing software in a team environment
Experience using various programming languages, Python, R, Java, C, C++ are preferred..
Technical understanding of data, data structure, and relational and non-relational databases, and architectural technical data design.
Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, and RedCAP and Linux systems skills knowledge are a plus.
Experience in development for scientific and clinical environments
Sitting, standing, walking Working Title:
Associate Programmer Analyst - Gonzalez-Hernandez LabDepartment:
Computational BioMedicineBusiness Entity:
Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterJob Category:
Information TechnologyJob Specialty:
Software/Application DevelopmentPosition Type:
8 hour shiftShift Type:
$34.10 - $54.56