Location: Los Angeles, California
Internal Number: HRC1216166
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
The Smidt Heart Institute reflects Cedars-Sinai's steadfast commitment to heart disease and research innovation giving patients access to the highest level of care. Year after year, thousands of people trust their hearts to Smidt Heart Institute at Cedars-Sinai. Our cardiologists, cardiac surgeons and specialized care teams treat the full spectrum of heart disease and disorders, while our investigators continue to advance the field with groundbreaking, life-saving research. From genetic counseling and targeted drug therapies to an increasing array of minimally invasive procedures, Cedars-Sinai continues to stand at the forefront of technology, innovation and discovery improving patient outcomes.
Join our team and use your skills with an organization known nationally for excellence in research!
Exciting opportunity to work as a coordinator in an ongoing cohort study and new clinical trials at the Center for Cardiac Arrest Prevention (CCAP).
The Clinical Research Coordinator II works independently providing study coordination including screening of potential patients for protocol eligibility, presenting non-medical trial concepts and details, and participating in the informed consent process. Responsible for accurate and timely source documents, data collection, documentation, entry, and reporting including timely response to sponsor queries. Responsible for compiling and reporting on each study including information related to protocol activity, accrual data, workload, and other research information. Presents information at regular research staff meetings. May plan and coordinate strategies for increasing patient enrollment, improving efficiency, training of personnel, or identifying new research opportunities. Ensures compliance with all federal and local agencies including the Food and Drug
Administration (FDA) and local Institutional Review Board (IRB).
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Schedules patients for research visits and procedures.
• In collaboration with the physician and other medical personnel, documents thoroughly on Case Report Forms (CRFs) the following; changes in patient condition, adverse events, concomitant medication use, protocol compliance, response to study drug.
• Maintains accurate source documents related to all research procedures.
• Schedules and participates in monitoring and auditing activities.
• Notifies direct supervisor about concerns regarding data quality and study conduct.
• Works closely with a regulatory coordinator or directly with the Institutional Review Board (IRB) to submit Adverse Events, Serious Adverse Events, protocol deviations, and Safety Letters in accordance with local and federal guidelines.
• May perform other regulatory / Institutional Review Board duties, budgeting duties, and assisting with patient research billing and reconciliation.
• Ensures compliance with all federal and local agencies including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA and local Institutional Review Board.
• Maintains research practices using Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines.
• Maintains strict patient confidentiality according to HIPAA regulations and applicable law.
• May coordinate training and education of other personnel.
• May participate in centralized activities such as auditing, Standard Operating Procedure development, etc.
• May plan and coordinate strategies for increasing patient enrollment, and/or improving clinical research efficiency.
• May identify quality and performance improvement opportunities and collaborate with staff in the development of action plans to improve quality.
• May identify new research opportunities and present to investigators
• Participates in required training and education programs.
BS in Science, Sociology or related degree
SOCRA or ACRP certification preferred
2 years of clinical research related experience.
Ability to use discretion and maintain privacy, confidentiality or anonymity
Ability to interpret and apply knowledge of State, Federal and Agency standards to follow regulations
Ability to convey and/or receive written/verbal information to/from various audiences in different formats
Standing, Lifting, Walking and Sitting for periods of time. Working Title:
Clinical Research Coordinator II - Smidt Heart Institute (Chugh Lab)Department:
Heart Institute OperationsBusiness Entity:
Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterJob Category:
Research Studies/Clinical TrialsPosition Type:
8 hour shiftShift Type:
$64,500.00 - $100,000.00