Location: Rye Brook, New York
Internal Number: REQ-020926
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
ThyroSeq Laboratory, a Sonic Healthcare USA company, has an excellent opportunity for a an Operations Manager.
In the state of the art brand new molecular diagnostic laboratory, we will provide services for molecular profiling of thyroid nodules for diagnosis, prognosis and therapy. We are committed to partnering with our physician-clients to provide the best possible patient management.
If you want to make a difference and help ensure stable, timely, accurate patient care in a molecular laboratory, if you can function well in a multi-disciplinary environment, and can multi-task, if you want great benefits, the support of an all-star team, and an opportunity to grow your career, the ThyroSeq Laboratory is the place for you to be at!
Our mission is to advance the health and wellbeing of our patients as a leader in molecular laboratory solutions, in a brand new environment.
The Operations Manager oversees the operations and administration of a large, independent, rapidly growing national molecular genetics pathology laboratory. You will evaluate daily operations and activities of the ThyroSeq Laboratory, from receipt of specimen till its reporting; monitor performance, recommend improvements and modifications into the data entry, wet lab and dry lab operations, which in return will increase laboratory efficiency, decrease error rates and improve provider and patient satisfaction, with the ultimate goal of achieving highest quality of patient care in a high throughput laboratory setting, with revenue generation.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for directing, developing, implementing, and administering operational strategies and tactics, ensuring the achievement of the organizations goals and objectives, and monitor quality control metrics.
- Direct the day-to-day operations establishing guidelines to prioritize work production, evaluate effectiveness, and improve the quality of services provided.
- Work with the compliance department to ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies governing health care delivery and the rules of accrediting bodies.
- Maintain standards and manage and measure productivity standards provided by the company.
- Ensure that all environmental issues, including biomedical and facility support are addressed timely and appropriately.
- Ensure timely communication with all divisions of the ThyroSeq Laboratory, CBLPath Laboratory located in the same building which we communicate for Anatomic Pathology related operations, Sales team, Clients as well as other affiliated Sonic and/or external Laboratories.
- Understand the lab workflow, including the multiple Laboratory Information Systems and other tools currently being utilized in both Laboratories, and be an intermediary person between IT and the Laboratory.
All you need is:
- Bachelor's degree in Molecular, Business, Finance, Healthcare or related field.
- Three years managerial experience in laboratory administration and/or healthcare administration.
Bonus if you have:
- Technical experience in the laboratory.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
CBL Path, Inc.
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.