A research position is available in the new Ferguson Lab. Broadly, the lab focuses on the molecular characterization of bladder cancer through cell culture, xenograft mouse models, patient-derived xenografts, and testing on primary human bladder cancer.
As a Urologic-Oncologist, Dr. Ferguson is keenly interested in translating findings from bench to the bedside.
Applicants must be comfortable with or willing to learn:
- Cell culture
- Molecular biology
- DNA/RNA/protein isolation
- Real-time PCR
- Mouse husbandry including minor procedures.
Applicants must also be independent, hard-working, and organized in laboratory maintenance and management.
The laboratory is in the Wallace Tumor Institute and is highly collaborative with the laboratories of Drs. Soory Varambally and George Netto of Pathology and Dr. Sunil Sudarshan of Urology.
Working with a high degree of independence:
- Collect Data for assigned projects.
- Analyze data in a timely fashion.
- Maintain data records and organize data for presentations.
- Present data in informal and formal meetings with the PI and/or laboratory members.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees projects within the laboratory and assumes responsibility for the day-to-day operation of lab activities.
- Contributes significantly to the planning/design of studies.
- Collects, enters, summarizes, analyzes, and interprets data.
- Monitors results, detects, and reports unusual outcomes, develops modifications, and provides data to management.
- Participates and helps develop long or short-term goals or strategic business objectives.
- With direction, contributes to grant proposals and assists in the preparation and editing of grant applications.
- Supervises lab equipment and supplies.
- Uses advanced knowledge of lab practices to direct and teach others.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Research mainly involves cell models, in vivo models, general lab techniques, computer organization skills, and data collection.
Salary Range $ 47,486.40 - $ 85,000.00 annually