Postdoctoral Research Scientist positions are available to study mechanisms of epigenetic inheritance and cancer epigenetics at the Institute for Cancer Genetics, located at Columbia University Irving Medical Center. Candidates with a strong background in molecular biology, cancer biology, protein purification and structural biology are strongly encouraged to apply.
Detailed information about the Zhang Laboratory and Research Projects can be found at: https://zgzhanglab-columbia.com
1. Xu X, Duan S, Hua X, Li Z, He R, and Zhang Z. Stable inheritance of H3.3-containing nucleosomes during mitotic cell divisions (2022). Nature Communications, 13: 2514.
2. Mo Y, Duan S, Zhang X, Hua X, Zhou H, Wei HJ, Watanabe J, McQuillan N, Su Z, Gu W, Wu CC, Vakoc CR, Hashizume R, Chang K and Zhang Z. Epigenome programing by H3.3K27M mutation creates a dependence of pediatric glioma on SMARCA4 (2022). Cancer Discovery, 12:2906-2929.
3. Yu, C., Gan, H., Serra-Cardona, A., Zhang, L., Gan, S., Sharma, S., Johansson, E., Chabes, A., Xu, R.M., Zhang, Z. A mechanism for preventing asymmetric histone segregation onto replicating DNA strands (2018). Science, 361:1386-1389.
3. Zhang, L., Serra-Cardona, A., Zhou, H., Wang, M., Yang, N., Zhang, Z*. and Xu, R*. Multisite substrate recognition in Asf1-dependent acetylation of histone H3K56 by Rtt109 (2018). Cell 174, 174(4):818-830
4. Fang* D, Gan* H, Lee* J, Han* J, Wang* Z, Riester SM, Jin L, Chen J, Zhou H, Wang J, Zhang H, Yang N, Bradley EW, Ho TH, Rubin BP, Bridge JA, Thibodeau SN, Ordog T, Chen Y, van Wijnen AJ, Oliveira AM, Xu R, Westendorf JJ, Zhang Z (2016). The histone H3.3K36M mutation reprograms the epigenome of chondroblastomas. Science, 352: 1344-1348.
PhD and/or MD degree in Science related field(s)
Less than one-two years postdoctoral experience
Interested candidates should email their CV and the names of three references to Dr Zhiguo Zhang at email@example.com.
Salary range: $60,000 - 66,100
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Pay Transparency Disclosure
The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to departmental budgets, qualifications, experience, education, licenses, specialty, and training. The above hiring range represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
Columbia University is one of the world's most important centers of research and at the same time a distinctive and distinguished learning environment for undergraduates and graduate students in many scholarly and professional fields. The University recognizes the importance of its location in New York City and seeks to link its research and teaching to the vast resources of a great metropolis. It seeks to attract a diverse and international faculty and student body, to support research and teaching on global issues, and to create academic relationships with many countries and regions. It expects all areas of the university to advance knowledge and learning at the highest level and to convey the products of its efforts to the world.