Location: Los Angeles, California
Internal Number: HRC0600092B
If you are passionate about helping human kind by contributing to research discoveries, we invite to consider this great opportunity and apply today!
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of happiness, passion, and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons why we rank as one of the top hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
Principal Investigator, John Yu, MD, is seeking a Postdoctoral Scientist to join the team!
Research in the Yu Laboratory is focused on immunotherapy for brain tumors, the cancer stem cell and its microenvironment in brain tumors, cancer stem cell–specific cytotoxic T lymphocytes, cancer stem cell signaling, the mechanism of cancer invasion, and targeted immunochemotherapy using nanotechnology. To learn more about this laboratory, please visit the lab's website.
As a Postdoctoral Scientist, you will assist in the development of novel T cell therapies and checkpoint inhibitors for the treatment of cancer. You will work independently but in close cooperation with Principal Investigator and will make significant and creative contributions to the activated T cell therapy for glioblastoma and GITR small molecule agonist for cancer. This position will perform routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout the training period. You may develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols. You will also analyze and interpret data. May assist in preparation of grant proposals. This role is not responsible for generating grant funds.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- May participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- Designs and performs experiments. Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with the Principal Investigator.
- Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
Department-Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate administrative duties on behalf of lab.
- Oversee regulatory responsibilities of the lab.
- Document experimental data, analyze data, form hypotheses.
- Prepare manuscripts and grants.
- Doctorate (MD, PhD, VMD or DDS) in area directly related to field of research specialization, required.
- PhD degree in Biology or Immunology, highly preferred.
Experience and Skills:
- Highly motivated and works independently on research projects designed by a mentor (typically the PI) within area of specialization.
- Experience in T cell biology, cancer molecule, biology/immunology, gene array/proteomics, and in bioinformatic analyses for the genomics/proteomics data, highly preferred.
- Acquires complete technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment.
- Demonstrated aptitude to perform experimental protocols and procedures, including detailed data collection, and analysis, and operation of specialized equipment.
- Knowledge of safety standards and maintenance of specialized equipment.
Postdoctoral Scientist - Yu Lab - Department of NeurosurgeryDepartment:
Home Dept-BlackBusiness Entity:
Academic / ResearchJob Category:
8 hour shiftShift Type:
$64,500.00 - $93,600.00