Location: West Hollywood, California
Internal Number: HRC1162940
Join us as we translate today's discoveries into tomorrow's medicine!
The Project Scientist will work closely with Dr. Tatonetti to guide the conduct of basic and translational bioinformatics research and implementation of data-driven innovations into the practice of clinical care. The Tatonetti Lab at Cedars-Sinai is dedicated to combining observational clinical data and molecular and genomics data to advance drug safety and drug discovery for traditionally underrepresented populations. In addition, we lead the development of data-driven machine learning and artificial intelligence solutions to improve cancer research and cancer clinical care at the medical center. The Project Scientist will make significant and creative contributions to these efforts and work closely with Dr. Tatonetti on their management.
To learn more, visit TLab – Data-Driven Drug Safety (tatonettilab.org).
Are you ready to be a part of breakthrough research?
Working independently and in cooperation with Dr. Tatonetti to make significant and creative contributions to a research or creative project in any academic discipline. The Project Scientist may be an ongoing member of a research team or may be employed for a limited period of time to contribute high-level skills to a specific research or creative program. Project Scientists are not required to carry out independent research or to develop an independent research reputation and do not have teaching responsibilities. Ordinarily, the Project Scientist title will carry out research or creative programs as well as administration of day-to-day lab operations with supervision by a member of the Professorial Series.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- May assist in preparation of grant proposals, submissions, publications and presentations but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
- May serve as PI for certain grants as approved by supervising member of the Professorial Series.
- May participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- May develop, adapt and implement new research techniques and protocols.
- Assists in lab experiments.
- Analyzes, interprets, summarizes and compiles data.
- May lead or train Staff Research Associates and Research Fellows.
- Will assist in day-to-day laboratory activities.
- Appointees on an academic trajectory will be expected to commit a portion of their time to developing an independent range of research.
Experience and Skills:
- No experience required. Completion of postdoctoral appointment in the area of specialization as applicable.
- Knowledge of PI's area of research specialization.
- Demonstrated technical competency in a variety of research techniques and protocols.
Project Scientist - Tatonetti Lab - Data-Driven Precision PharmacologyDepartment:
Computational BioMedicineBusiness Entity:
Academic / ResearchJob Category:
Research Studies/Clinical TrialsPosition Type:
8 hour shiftShift Type:
$66,600.00 - $133,100.00