Location: Los Angeles, California
Internal Number: HRC1056290
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
The Smidt Heart Institute reflects Cedars-Sinai's steadfast commitment to heart disease and research innovation giving patients access to the highest level of care. Year after year, thousands of people trust their hearts to Smidt Heart Institute at Cedars-Sinai. Our cardiologists, cardiac surgeons and specialized care teams treat the full spectrum of heart disease and disorders, while our investigators continue to advance the field with groundbreaking, life-saving research. From genetic counseling and targeted drug therapies to an increasing array of minimally invasive procedures, Cedars-Sinai continues to stand at the forefront of technology, innovation and discovery improving patient outcomes.
Join our team and use your expertise with an organization known nationally for excellence in research!
The Smidt Heart Institute at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is seeking Research Fellow applicants for our Smidt Middle East Post Doc Fellowship Program, which is scheduled to start on January 1, 2023 (contingent upon visa and onboarding schedule). Cedars-Sinai is an academic medical center and one of the largest teaching hospitals in the Los Angeles area. The Smidt Middle East Post Doc Fellowship program under the leadership of Joshua I. Goldhaber, MD in Laser Research, is seeking highly-qualified, motivated and creative MD applicants who have completed specialty/subspecialty training in cardiovascular medicine who wish to pursue dedicated research training in a focused area within cardiology or cardiovascular surgery.
Two Smidt Middle East Post-Doc Fellows will be selected, one from Isreal and one from another Middle Eastern country, who will work side by side in the Smidt Heart Institute at Cedars-Sinai in areas of overlapping focus to encourage collaboration over their two-year fellowship in Los Angeles. A salary (stipend) will be provided to each applicant that is selected for the program. The program has been designed to foster understanding, collegiality and cooperation between and among future leaders in the region.
Qualification for the Program:
- Completion of subspecialty training in a branch of cardiovascular medicine: i.e., cardiology, cardiac surgery, vascular surgery, angiology, etc (including pediatric cardiology and nuclear cardiology)
- Citizenship and current residency in a Middle East Country, including Israel
- Should be currently on staff employment at a Middle East academic Institution
- Eligible to obtain an appropriate US Visa, J-1 Etc..
- A letter of expressed interest by applicant's home academic institution that they will provide applicant with a faculty position upon completion of the fellowship program.
- Applicants will be expected to return to their home country ippon completion of the fellowship program, in order to become leaders and educators in their home country.
Applications must include the following:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal statement on career goals and objectives
- A cover letter outlining proposed research area
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from members of the applicant's home academic institution
- Formal letter from applicant's home academic institution documenting their commitment to offer applicant a faculty position upon return to heir home country in Middle East
Please note that upon selection for the program, applicants will undergo a phone interview with staff from the Smidt Heart Institute
Please complete our required on-line application and also address and mail your application package above to:
Academic Program Coordinator
Smidt Heart Institute
127 S San Vicente Blvd
Los Angeles CA 90048
- MD from an accredited institution
- Works independently on research projects designed by a mentor (typically the PI) within area of specialization. - Acquires thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment.
- Demonstrated aptitude to perform experimental protocols and procedures, including detailed data collection, and analysis and operation and maintenance of specialized equipment.
- Knowledge of safety standards and maintenance of specialized equipment
- Able to perform moderate lifting. Working Title:
- Able to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Able to read papers and online documents.
- Able to operate standard office equipment.
- Able to exercise physical ability and perspective acuity to satisfactorily perform essential job functions
Postdoc Fellow - Smidt Heart Institute (Middle East Research)Department:
Heart Institute OperationsBusiness Entity:
Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterJob Category:
8 hour shiftShift Type:
$64,500.00 - $93,600.00