Location: Los Angeles, California
Internal Number: 20002029A
At Cedars-Sinai, postdoctoral scientists and other junior researchers fulfill a critical role in expanding the horizons of medical knowledge through biomedical research. By hosting more than 100 postdocs, who conduct vital research and receive advanced training with expert faculty mentors, Cedars-Sinai supports the ongoing medical education process that continues beyond PhD/MD graduation.
Postdocs are involved in pre-clinical studies that investigate the role of hormones in the communication between bodysystems, and the specific contribution of various organs and tissues, including adipose tissue, liver, and gut, to metabolism in health and disease. There is a focus on systems biology to understand how molecular, cellular and organ level networks contribute under varying conditions of health, disease and aging. For true translational medicine application, physiology, biochemistry, bioinformatics, and more must be integrated to demonstrate that the whole is more than the sum of the parts.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- May assist in preparation of grant proposals, but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
- May participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- Designs and performs experiments. Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with the Principal Investigator.
- May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols.
- Analyzes, interprets, summarizes and compiles data.
- Performs routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period.
- Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
Doctorate (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in area directly related to field of research specialization.
Works independently on research projects designed by a mentor (typically the PI) within area of specialization. Acquires thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment. Demonstrated aptitude to perform experimental protocols and procedures, including detailed data collection, and analysis and operation and maintenance of specialized equipment. Knowledge of safety standards and maintenance of specialized equipment. Working Title:
Postdoctoral Scientist-Metabolism/Endocrinology Research Cluster Department:
Cancer Resrch Ctr Health EqtyBusiness Entity:
Academic / ResearchJob Category:
8 hour shiftBase Pay:
$64,500.00 - $93,600.00