Internal Number: 20002022A
At Cedars-Sinai, postdoctoral scientists and other junior researchers fulfill a critical role in expanding the horizons of medical knowledge through biomedical research. By hosting more than 100 postdocs, who conduct vital research and receive advanced training with expert faculty mentors, Cedars-Sinai supports the ongoing medical education process that continues beyond PhD/MD graduation.
Overview: Bioinformatics and Integrative Genomics
Research interests in the bioinformatics and integrative genomics cluster (BIGC) involve large-scale data analyses incorporating a wide range of 'omics' technologies such as RNA-seq, single cell RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, WGS and WGBS. BIGC covers all aspects of projects using 'omics'- from study design, to data generation and analysis. The BIGC aims to equip postdocs with the skills they need to successfully incorporate NGS technologies into their research projects. Strong emphasis is placed on collaboration and team science and will foster career development by providing postdocs with guidance on how to foster successful interdisciplinary collaborative projects.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- May assist in preparation of grant proposals, but is not responsible for generating grant funds.
- May participate in publications and presentations as author or co-author.
- Designs and performs experiments. Will keep appropriate experimental records and documentation and analyze the results with the Principal Investigator.
- May develop, adapt, and implement new research techniques and protocols.
- Analyzes, interprets, summarizes and compiles data.
- Performs routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period.
- Operates and maintains equipment and instruments.
Doctorate (MD, PhD, VMD, or DDS) in area directly related to field of research specialization.
Works independently on research projects designed by a mentor (typically the PI) within area of specialization. Acquires thorough technical and theoretical knowledge of research project and objectives during one to five (1-5) year post-doctoral appointment. Demonstrated aptitude to perform experimental protocols and procedures, including detailed data collection, and analysis and operation and maintenance of specialized equipment. Knowledge of safety standards and maintenance of specialized equipment. Working Title:
Postdoctoral Scientist - Bioinformatics and Integrative Genomics Research ClusterDepartment:
Cancer Resrch Ctr Health EqtyBusiness Entity:
Cedars-Sinai Medical CenterJob Category:
8 hour shiftBase Pay:
$64,500.00 - $93,600.00