Location: Los Angeles, California
Internal Number: HRC1025336
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
The Smidt Heart Institute reflects Cedars-Sinai's steadfast commitment to heart disease and research innovation giving patients access to the highest level of care. Year after year, thousands of people trust their hearts to Smidt Heart Institute at Cedars-Sinai. Our cardiologists, cardiac surgeons and specialized care teams treat the full spectrum of heart disease and disorders, while our investigators continue to advance the field with groundbreaking, life-saving research. From genetic counseling and targeted drug therapies to an increasing array of minimally invasive procedures, Cedars-Sinai continues to stand at the forefront of technology, innovation and discovery improving patient outcomes.
Join our team and use your expertise with an organization known nationally for excellence in research!
The Research Associate II works under the direct supervision of the Principal Investigator’s Project Manager to capture data on observational research studies involving the identification of novel risk factors for coronary heart disease and sudden cardiac death among all people. The research is being performed in two large-scale cohorts: the PRE-DETERMINE Study and the VITAL Trial. You will participate in research activities involving all aspects of the endpoint coordination process, to include, but not limited to; contacting participants and family members by mail and phone to collect crucial questionnaire data, consent forms, medical records, death certificates, autopsy reports and other documents vital to validate study endpoints. Other responsibilities include processing and cleaning data, participating in weekly operational staff meetings, preparing and presenting routine progress reports for internal meetings, Institutional Review Board (IRB) and grant submissions. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Crucial job duties and responsibilities:
- Serves as the primary contact and responds to incoming telephone calls, emails and written correspondence from study participants, contacts, and next-of-kin, then details these interactions by completing and processing the appropriate forms and enters summary information in the electronic participant files.
- Coordinates the mailing of study endpoint(s) form letters, questionnaires, and consent forms to the participants/next-of-kin, contacts medical facilities for medical records and follows up with non-respondents via telephone. Uses all available resources to locate participants, next-of-kin, and/or contacts to confirm contact information and/or collect study data.
- Performs sensitive telephone interviews with deceased participant’s family members to gather more information regarding circumstances surrounding death or if next-of-kin requests a telephone call instead of a mailed questionnaire.
- Creates, prioritizes, and prepares endpoint charts for review by the study investigators. This process involves scanning the endpoint record, bookmarking important procedures/tests, highlighting keywords, uploading the file to an electronic adjudication system for review and tracking the workflow to ensure each case is reviewed in a timely manner.
- Updates and maintains endpoint database(s) to track all aspects of the follow-up process.
- Reviews and verifies completed data forms, as well as rectifies data discrepancies.
- Prepares and presents progress reports for routine meetings, as well as assists with IRB and grant submissions as needed.
- Creates and maintains study procedures, manual of operations, data collection forms, instructions, and all other pertinent study material.
- Aides in all aspects of PRE-DETERMINE clinical site activities, by responding to study related inquires via phone and email.
- 1 year of Research laboratory experience required
- Bachelor's Degree in science related field required
. Working Title:
Research Associate II - Smidt Heart InstituteDepartment:
Heart Institute OperationsBusiness Entity:
Academic / ResearchJob Category:
Research Studies/Clinical TrialsPosition Type:
8 hour shiftShift Type:
$21.26 - $36.14