Responsible for management of lab, testing and documentation of informatics work and molecular genetics work. The Lehigh community takes seriously our commitment to antiracism and The Principles of our Equitable Community.
1. Laboratory management and administration * Management and maintenance of lab equipment * Purchasing * Maintain purchasing records * Maintain stocks of lab supplies * Coordinate shipping and receiving of biological samples
2. Implement and support computational workflows * Manage and organize data on local computers and institutional cluster * Benchmark informatics pipelines on local computers and institutional cluster * Maintain resources for computational training, data storage, and reproduceable code
3. Design and carry out molecular biology research projects * Perform and analyze molecular experiments * Generate genomic data from a variety of sample types
4. Manage and oversee lab safety and Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) protocols * Develop, track and enforce lab safety measures * Ensure that all lab personnel are up-to-date with training * Work with collaborators to develop IACUC protocols for shared samples
5. Participate in writing manuscripts * Provide data necessary for manuscript development * Provide input to manuscript development
6. Supervision of undergraduate students * Oversee students performing procedures and experiments * Train students to use laboratory equipment and institutional cluster, and to perform experiments and run basic scripts
Grade: 9 - 40
Position Number: S83980
The duties of this position may allow the employee to work partially remote as deemed appropriate by the supervisor
This position is funded by soft dollars; there is no severance associated with this position
This position has fiscal or financial responsibilities other than employee expense activity, such as processing or approving transactions; monitoring or preparing budgets; or generating income for University
This position works with minors
Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Genetics, Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
One to three years related work experience
Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and a high degree of initiative for bringing tasks to completion
Excellent attention to detail, organizational skills, time management and sound judgment
Solid analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills
Excellent (written and oral) communication and interpersonal skills
Solid computer skills with experience using word processing, spreadsheet and database software
Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, national criminal background checks, motor vehicle checks, PATCH, FBI fingerprinting, Child Abuse Clearance and credit history based upon the requirements of the position
All Lehigh faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated and receive a booster shot six months after their second vaccine; unless they receive an approved medical or religious exemption from the requirement.
Only complete applications will be considered therefore please complete the application in its entirety. Once the posting is removed from the website applications may no longer be allowed to be completed.
Lehigh is a premier residential research university, ranked in the top tier of national research universities each year. We are a coeducational, nondenominational, private university that offers a distinct academic environment of undergraduate and graduate students from across the globe.