LabCorp is seeking a Senior Clinical Director to lead its Cytogenetics Laboratory at the Center for Molecular Biology and Pathology (CMBP) in Durham, NC.
The Cytogenetics Laboratory performs karyotyping, fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH), and SNP microarray testing for constitutional (pre-and post-natal) and oncology cases. The Cytogenetic Laboratory works closely with other departments at CMBP, including Molecular Genetics and Genomics, Molecular Oncology, Pathology, Flow Cytometry, and Genetic Counseling. Experienced, ABMGG certified laboratory directors interested in a leadership opportunity are encouraged to apply.
· Manage a team of on-site and remote cytogenetics directors
· Provide development and growth opportunities for directors at different stages of their careers
· Collaborate with operations and clinical leadership on technical and strategic decisions
· Interact with other laboratory directors, laboratory staff, genetic counselors, and teams across the organization
· Provide oversight for quality control and quality assurance as appropriate, including setting quality standards for new tests
· Make clinical decisions and effectively communicate genetic information related to test results to health care professionals
· Review, interpret, and report patient results reliably, accurately, and with integrity
· Comply with applicable federal, state, and local regulations and maintain familiarity with company SOPs and practices and applicable professional guidelines
· Review scientific literature and attend scientific meetings
· Ph.D. or MD with a minimum of 4 years clinical cytogenetics director experience
· American Board of Medical Genetics and Genomics (ABMGG) certification in Clinical Cytogenetics or Clinical Laboratory
Genetics and Genomics
· Ability to lead individuals and teams
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
· Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
· Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, and be meticulous
· Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a dynamic setting
· Proficiency in computing and internet skills, including use of in-house and online databases and browsers
LabCorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.