BillionToOne is a molecular diagnostic testing lab based in Menlo Park, CA. Our patent-pending QCT molecular counting platform enabled us to commercialize the first and only carrier screen with reflex single-gene NIPT for recessive conditions (UNITY product line) and we are actively working to launch a liquid biopsy product early next year.
We are looking for a part-time contractor genetic counselor with experience in oncology somatic mutation panels to help us review and design an oncology liquid biopsy test clinical reports and associated educational materials. While we are looking for part-time consulting help at the moment, this position is highly likely to turn-into a full-time employment opportunity in the next 3-6 months.
This position will work closely with the R&D team and medical oncologists in reviewing and determining the clinical significance of somatic cancer mutations and jointly determine the somatic tumor mutation panel contents. The position will also work closely with the product and design team in designing and drafting the clinical result reports.
An ideal candidate would have minimum 2 years of clinical experience in reviewing and counseling on oncology somatic mutation panels. If you are a genetic counselor working at a cancer center and has opinions about how the oncology test panels and reports should be designed, this is a perfect position for you. This is also a great way to get a feel for working at a rapidly growing startup environment (our company grew from 10 to 100+ employees in the last 18 months). You will also get to work with a highly collaborative genetic counseling group.
- Work closely with the R&D team and medical oncologists in reviewing and determining the clinical significance of somatic cancer mutations and jointly determine the somatic tumor mutation panel contents.
- Work closely with the product and design team in designing and drafting the clinical result reports
- Provide additional contexts and insights to cancer patient care so that the team can make the best test design decisions for the cancer patients
- Minimum 2 years of genetic counseling experience in somatic tumor mutations (NOT hereditary cancer panels)
- Have up-to-date clinical knowledge on targeted cancer therapies (both FDA approved drugs as well as leading clinical trials for targeted therapies)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience in conducting academic literature reviews is a huge plus. Being able to comfortably read peer-reviewed journals on cancer care is a must-have
- Current Licensure or Board certification is NOT required (but past clinical experience in cancer care is important)
- This is a part-time contractor position (but can turn into full-time employment if the candidate is interested in full-time position)
- Minimum hour per week is 10h/week. The hours can expand to 20-25h/week depending on the candidate's preference and bandwidth
- It is okay for the candidate to take on this consulting engagement in addition to their full-time work (if there is no conflict of interests with the current employer)
BillionToOne is a precision diagnostics company with the mission to make molecular diagnostics more accurate, efficient, and accessible for all. Our patent-pending QCT molecular counting platform enabled us to commercialize the first and only carrier screen with reflex single-gene NIPT for recessive conditions (UNITY product line), the RhD NIPT, as well as RNA-extraction free high-throughput SARS-CoV-2 test (qSanger-COVID-test). We are listed as one of the YC Top Companies.