Research Scientist (BS/MS), Cell and Molecular Biology, MSD
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
Internal Number: 325692BR
1. That's the number of current viral gene therapy treatments approved by the FDA and EMA for any neuromuscular disease. Novartis' AAV gene therapy approved for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy offers patients a transformative option in their fight with this devastating disease. Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research and the Musculoskeletal disease area are committed to development of the next generation of life saving medicines for the world's most severe medical disorders.
We are seeking a talented and self-motivated scientist to join our preclinical stage research group in Cambridge, MA. As part of a team, the successful candidate will design and conduct in vitro and cellular studies in support of the discovery and characterization of therapeutics (low molecular weight, biologics and gene therapy) for musculoskeletal and neuromuscular diseases.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Perform molecular biology techniques to support proprietary gene therapy platform technologies for the creation of new therapeutic candidates.
- Apply a diversity of in vitro techniques to identify and validate assays, characterize cellular models of disease and assess preclinical samples for pharmacodynamic biomarkers ex vivo.
- Generate, analyze and document study results, as well as interpret and present data to multidisciplinary groups.
- Keep current on emergent technologies through literature review and scientific meetings.