Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory (CSHL) has a stated mission to translate world class basic research to benefit humanity and bring value to the institution. The Business Development &Technology Transfer department is currently seeking a Biotechnology Program & Business Development Coordinator, to play a crucial role in fulfilling this mission. The BP & BDC will report to both the technology transfer and advancement departments in order to bridge the gap between our researchers and fundraising and commercial opportunities within the greater community.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work with academic staff in the evaluation and analysis of the commercial potential of CSHL technologies and research.
- Identify, cultivate and manage pharmaceutical and biotech collaborations/licensing and spin-off opportunities involving venture capital. Work with the Business Development and legal team members to prepare legal agreements to establish collaborations and licenses.
- Communicate and translate scientific content to internal and external groups (both scientific and lay audiences) through phone/Zoom calls, in-person presentations and written materials.
- Develop and maintain relations with pharmaceutical/biotechnology companies and their foundations; with program officers at federal agencies in order to identify and cultivate potential funding leads involving sponsorship and support of scientists, collaborative research projects, meetings, courses, and special events and with directors and program officers at private foundations.
- Identify funding opportunities for CSHL research and education programs and solicit funds – focusing on private foundations, corporations, and philanthropic donors.
- Work with scientists, senior educational staff and administration on developing proposals, including drafting, writing, and/or editing materials.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory is a world-renowned research and educational institution with programs in cancer, neuroscience, plant biology, genomics and bioinformatics. The Laboratory is recognized internationally for its excellence in research and educational activities. For more information about CSHL, please visit https://www.cshl.edu.
CSHL is an EO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. VEVRRACONTRACTOR.
EDUCATION: Must have a PhD in a biology related discipline. EXPERIENCE/SKILLS: This candidate will ideally possess some previous experience translating scientific content to present to both scientific and non-scientific backgrounds. They should ideally have exposure with commercial organizations or to philanthropic donors, and an interest in entrepreneurship in life sciences.
Internal Number: https://cshl.peopleadmin.
About Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
Since 1890, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory (CSHL) has been a global leader in research and education. The international scientific community at CSHL provides a unique and stimulating atmosphere for doctoral research?an environment where students, postdoctoral fellows, and faculty work side-by-side. The Watson School of Biological Sciences (WSBS) was founded on the belief that with well thought-out mechanisms, enthusiastic involvement of faculty, and highly motivated students, an innovative curriculum could be provided that would allow students to earn a doctoral degree in a shorter time than in traditional programs without compromising the quality of their training. The curriculum is designed to train students to become scholars and independent thinkers.