5600! That is the number of associates across the globe at the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR). This division is the innovation engine of Novartis, focusing on powerful new technologies that have the potential to help produce therapeutic breakthroughs for patients.
We are seeking a highly motivated bench scientist to join our multidisciplinary Genomics group that collaborates closely with our diverse group of disease area partners to impact drug discovery and development.
The Genomics Labs, within the Novartis Chemical Biology and Therapeutics platform, applies state of the art genomic technology solutions to the discovery of novel drug targets, the identification of new therapeutic modalities and characterization of their mode of action. Further, we continuously strive to identify, evaluate, and develop new genomic technologies (e.g., single cell and spatial RNA-seq, gene therapy off-target analysis) to apply them to rapidly evolving disease target and drug discovery programs.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Independently run, optimize and troubleshoot existing NGS workflows such as amplicon-seq, single cell or spatial RNA-seq, RNA-seq, genome editing off-target analysis
- Innovate, evaluate and implement custom NGS workflows tailored to specific drug discovery projects
- Work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary teams of genomics scientists, cellular biologists and computational biologists to apply genomic technologies to further drug discovery efforts
- QC and interpret data, troubleshoot and communicate effectively with other members of a project team
- Present data within group and at project or department meetings, contribute to publications and internal reports
- Teach others on the use of techniques/specific methods that you have mastered
- Take ownership of laboratory operations responsibilities like maintenance of specific instruments or supplies